Sunday, July 19, 2009

BABBLING BROOKE BLOG July 19, 2009

Sexy SCARS Readers:

Welcome back to my BABBLING BROOKE BLOG! As promised, you will get a little HORROR...a little HOLLYWOOD...a little HIGH DRAMA! :)

HORROR: I was recently contacted by a dear friend and business associate, Marv Blauvelt, about the film COME. Here's what he had to say:
"When my friends, Arthur Cullipher and Kirk Chastain (from CLOCKWERK Pictures) gave me the script for COME and offered me the lead, I immediately said yes....the script is very "Lovecraftion", (and I LOVE H.P. Lovecraft)...it is by far the creepiest project I have been attached to, and some of the visual imagery that Arthur and Kirk have captured is VERY Dark and Haunting....and the gore scenes are not for the squeamish. Filming is nearly complete, and from what I have been told, the folks at Clockwerk Pictures plan to finish post by the end of August and start submitting to festivals as soon as possible."
Check out the press release:
Clockwerk Pictures Presents

COME

A surgical fetish doctor, obsessed with cutting off the vulvas of women and sewing them on their faces, meets his fate through the conspiratorial workings of a brothel proprietor, a prostitute and the Goddess of a strange religion.

Come is pure surreal, occult horror, featuring everything from the molestation of a tentacled, six breasted goddess in a jar to lust, murder, idolatry, revenge and salvation.

Marv Blauvelt, (Sculpture) plays Dr. Conduit, a man drawn into the worship of monsters and led to shocking acts of depravity, vying for the favor of a dark mother goddess.

Dave Pruett as Mr. Maker, proprietor of the brothel that has supplied the doctor's past two victims. A sinister individual with a wooden hand who will lead the good doctor to his fate and salvation by offering him a mysterious opportunity.

Emily Johnson as Siren, a seductive and treacherous prostitute employed by Mr. Maker serving as a mocking ghost of the doctors past.

Also starring
Kara Erdel and Leya Taylor as the doctor's previous victims, now "zombified" with their vulvas crudely stitched on their faces.
Lydia Comer and Shane Beasley as other weird denizens of the dark brothel.

Written and directed by Kirk Chastain and Arthur Cullipher (The Adipocere Child)

The Clockwerk Special Effects Crew:
Shane Beasley
Kirk Chastain
Arthur Cullipher
David Hancock
Brett Pittman
Leya Taylor

COMING THIS FALL!

HOLLYWOOD: You guys all know how much I have been supporting the action film BREAK. The film stars Michael Madsen, James Russo and the late David Carradine and I play The Bitch At The Bar in the opening scene! I am passing on a quote from my wonderful director, Marc Clebanoff, in hopes that you will rent the DVD!
"I just wanted to thank everyone who has supported me and my film BREAK along the long journey that's finally brought me to this week: the DVD release.

I've spent (and some of you have as well) over 2 years working to make sure BREAK is a success. We've garnered 5 awards, done numerous promotional & festival screenings & showed theatrically in 4 major US cities. We've been interviewed and highlighted by everyone from ET to the New York Post. At the end of the day, however, the success of a small independent film is completely based on the support of our friends, family, cast, crew and fans who support the film, talk it up & help us to fuel the buzz.

Below I've shared some links with you that you may or may not have already seen. Today my hope is that everyone helps me to make this film successful by doing one of the following:

All of these actions contribute significantly to the success of BREAK and bring me one step closer to being able to produce my next project (and employ many of you again).

Thank you all for your time and support. It means more than you know...

Best Regards,

Marc Clebanoff"
www.NoCleanBreak.com

"There's no clean break in love or death."
R.I.P. David Carradine

http://www.youtube.com/watch\?v=3LZsViHrcVk
http://www.thewrap.com/blog-entry/remembering-david-carradine_3487
http://www.youtube.com/watch\?v=cvfWhGYwvMc

HIGH DRAMA: Had to share this one, as "drama" follows me from Hollywood to Buffalo!!! :) So, I hit Buffalo last week to play the role of Nicole in SLIME CITY MASSACRE. I flew across country all day and was totally wiped out and ready to hit the sheets at my hotel. I was still on West Coast time, so I had a tough time falling asleep. I watched TV for hours and started to freak out, as I had to be up at 7am to get to set. I finally zonked out at 3am and was sleeping like a baby when the fire alarms start raging like crazy and the hotel gets evacuated! I thought I was having a nightmare, as it was 5am and I had to be up at 6am to get ready to shoot. The hotel guests sat outside for an hour before we were allowed back into our rooms. It turned out that a toaster oven had caught on fire in the kitchen...just my luck! :)
LOTS more SLIME CITY MASSACRE gossip to come...

Love & Horror,
XO Brooke Lewis

No comments: