Sunday, April 19, 2009

BABBLING BROOKE BLOG April 19, 2009

Sexy SCARS Readers:

Welcome back to my BABBLING BROOKE BLOG! As promised, you will get a little HORROR...a little HOLLYWOOD...a little HIGH DRAMA! :)

HORROR: I just got off the plane from 3 days in Vegas at XANADU CON and I look scarier than any horror flick I've watched lately! :) After not sleeping for days, I have bags under my eyes larger than Louie Vuitton Luggage!!! :) I am super bummed that I missed LA FANGO, but I definitely worked and partied in true Vegas fashion. I had the opportunity to speak on a few horror film panels with some amazing Scream Queens and Tucky Williams and I tore up Mandalay Bay one night! Michael Papajohn (SPIDER-MAN;TERMINATOR SALVATION) and I shared a booth at the convention and laughed our asses off! My favorite panel was WOMEN IN HORROR: OBJECTIFYING & SEXUALITY. I had the honor of speaking with my new horror gal pals:
Rachel Grubb (CAVE WOMEN ON MARS;TERROR OVERLOAD) and Tucky Williams (DEAD MOON RISING;SHADOWS LIGHT). Between the 3 of us, there was such great energy and so much girl POWER! Rachel owns SILENT-BUT-DEADLY PRODUCTIONS with Brooke Lemke and is a true artist thru and thru...she is everything I had read about and more. Tucky is so beautiful on the outside, but one of the sweetest women I have met in horror yet! I am thinking of leaving Hollywood to meet more cool chicks like this! :) I hope we will stay in touch for days to come.
Of course, I cannot forget to mention and thank my B MOVIE MAN, Nic Brown! Not only did Nic do an awesome, detailed interview with me, but he acted as the bodygard to Tucky and I all weekend ;) Thanks, Nic, baby!!!
www.Bmovieman.com

HOLLYWOOD: XANADU included wonderful vendors and filmmakers outside of the horror genre, as well. I was fortunate to meet a lovely couple, Gwydhar and Dan, who will not be forgotten (again, those wonderful people who you may never be lucky enough to meet in life, if you never leave Hollywood! :) I have a strong gut feeling these guys are up to big things, so here's a "bite" of info about their company:
Blue Damen Pictures is a non profit film production company based in Chicago whose mission is to give individuals with an interest in filmmaking the opportunity to get hands on experience in production. We recently produced the award winning experimental short "Persephone" which is a retelling of the Greek myth of Persephone using masks and puppets. Currently we are working on a project called "The Insomniac Chronicles" which is a series of short films that will eventually be put together to create a feature length film all seen through the eyes of someone suffering from sleep deprivation. The first short in the series, entitled "The Visionary" will be previewing in May and the trailer for it can be seen on our website.
www.bluedamen.com
Now, if making new friends wasn't cool enough, Gwydhar sent me back to LA with the most incredible drawing of MS. VAMPY ever!!! It is so getting framed this week! Check out her artwork too:
www.gwydhar.com

HIGH DRAMA: Okay, the highest drama at XANADU had to be the money Brooke Lewis spent, not gambling, but on CLOTHES!!! OMG!!! I was introduced to the sweetest, sickest, vampiest clothing boutique EVER and couldn't control myself...gotta shout out to Tushell, London, Rebel and the girls!
BAD ATTITUDE BOUTIQUE
You must (and, I will accept gifts from here ;) :
www.badattitude.com

Gotta unpack...yuk!

Love & Horror,
XO Brooke Lewis

No comments: