Sunday, January 25, 2009

BABBLING BROOKE BLOG January 25, 2009

Sexy SCARS Readers:

Welcome back to my BABBLING BROOKE BLOG! As promised, you will get a little HORROR...a little HOLLYWOOD...a little HIGH DRAMA! :)

HORROR: As you all know, the HOT HUNKS Calendar signing was last weekend and we were fortunate to have a lot of the hunks on hand in La La Land. I was lucky to finally meet some of these amazing men in person, after much communication via phone and email, as they flew in from all over the country! I had a chance to connect with one actor/director, in particular, over margaritas...the incredible Anthony Brownrigg! Anthony gave me a copy of his feature, RED VICTORIA, before he left...WOW and WOW! He proved to be a true "Texas" talent across the board! I thought his direction was impeccable! This was one of the most professionally done super low budget "horror" indies I have seen in a long time...adorable, fun, funny, painful and sharply executed. I must admit I was not familiar with Arianne Martin' s work and was very impressed...one talented lady! Anthony, thank you for sharing your talent and I hope I have the opportunity to work with you in the future! Horror peeps...this is a MUST see!
http://redvictoriathemovie.com/

HOLLYWOOD: Okay, as a proud member of Women In Film here in Los Angeles, I just have to take a moment to acknowledge a fabulous new event that this organization of powerful women has created...I cannot tell you how excited I am to attend! :)
"WOMEN IN FILM FRIDAY NIGHT SALON: The WIF Friday Night Salon is a place for women to come and hang out after a long, hard day at work. Come and wait for the traffic to die down while you get pampered before heading home for the weekend! Enjoy Facials, Foot Massages, Manicures, Wine Tastings, a bite to eat...all while networking with fellow members."
Need I say more? :) What a wonderful way to start the weekend...wine and manis with hardworking women who deserve it!
http://www.wif.org/

HIGH DRAMA: Gotta rave about a rockin' Friday night at the Brixton with my dear friend and horror icon, Courtney Gains (CHILDREN OF THE CORN)! My multi-talented buddy brought the house down with his band RIPPLE STREET! Check them out:
"RIPPLE STREET was formed in 2008 by horror icon actor COURTNEY GAINS who wanted to try his hand at a rock trio. "After years of playing acoustic gigs I wanted to put a band together and hold down the electric guitar and vocals. " RIPPLE STREET has been playing shows all over Orange County, Long Beach, and San Diego. On JANUARY 23rd, RIPPLE STREET opened for 80's new wave band MISSING PERSONS at THE BRIXTON in Redondo Beach, CA." And, I was there with the wild & sexy Jeff Dylan Graham (PSYCHSOMATIKA) to experience it! I will totally post all you horror fans on Courtney's future gigs and you know I will be there rockin' out!!!

Love & Horror,
XO Brooke Lewis

No comments: