Sunday, February 1, 2009

BABBLING BROOKE BLOG February 1, 2009

Sexy SCARS Readers:

Welcome back to my BABBLING BROOKE BLOG! As promised, you will get a little HORROR...a little HOLLYWOOD...a little HIGH DRAMA! :)

HORROR: I have been "in talks" for some time to work on a new project from the multi-talented writer, director, producer, Greg Lamberson (SLIME CITY, NAKED FEAR). Well, I must admit, I finally took time to chill for a minute and watch the SLIME CITY dvd that I rented months ago! OMG!!! LOVED it! It was better than I ever imagined...smart, well-directed, great subtext in this film! If you are in the mood for a fun horror flick from 1988, I highly recommend checking it out:
"A student moves into a run-down building in New York City. His bizarre neighbors make a concoction in their apartment they call wine, but when he takes some of it, he turns into a deformed, murderous monster."
Greg is a true artist and I cannot wait to work with him!

Also, on the horror front, I am super excited to announce that I and iMURDERS have been invited to the new, unique, "horrific" PARANOIA Horror Film Festival on the haunted Queen Mary from March 13-15, 2009! This is a festival like no other with activities, ghost tours, red carpet events, parties, bars and restaurants and we will all be "rockin' the boat" all weekend long!!! :) Shane Russeck and the PARANOIA crew have shared the "goods" with me and appear to be bringing a bit of "Horror & Hollywood" down to Long Beach for the weekend...my kinda cruise!!! :) I will surely keep you readers posted about the iMURDERS screening and which cast and crew members will be coming down to represent with me. For more information and tickets, check out:
http://paranoiafest.com/

HOLLYWOOD: Speaking of "representing"...I want to support, promote and share another amazing event with you! My dear friend and convention booking agent, Derek Maki of Coolwaters Productions sent me an email from one of his other clients, the brilliant Jeffrey Tambor (ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT, HELLBOY). Tickets are selling fast for Jeffrey's "Performing Your Life" Workshop! Please check out the email Derek sent below:
"If you are in the entertainment industry, whether you be an actor, director, writer… ANY type of artist YOU MUST ATTEND THIS SEMINAR!!!

Jeffrey Tambor’s “Performing Your Life”

Some of you have listened to me rave about how intense Jeffrey’s class is. This is a MUST for anyone. EVEN if you have been in the business for years…. You’ll learn so much and walk away a better industry professional!!!!
I implore each and every one of you to explore the official web site and seriously consider attending this very unique event.
www.jeffreytambor.net
Check it out, purchase your tickets today!!!"

HIGH DRAMA: Nothing that exciting this week...just working around the clock and still mourning the loss of my EAGLES for the Super Bowl...YUK! I have a few very cool projects in the works, but can't blog about them just yet ;) Went to dinner and a band gig Friday night with Courtney Gains...had a blast, as usual. The biggest drama was when my girlfriend, Laura, and I saw REVOLUTIONARY ROAD last night and cried our eyes out! We both decided after the flick that we are never getting married...F%*# that!!! We would rather be single and miserable than married and miserable! Hee...:)

Love & Horror,
XO Brooke Lewis

No comments: