Sunday, February 22, 2009

BABBLING BROOKE BLOG February 22, 2009

Sexy SCARS Readers:

Welcome back to my BABBLING BROOKE BLOG! As promised, you will get a little HORROR...a little HOLLYWOOD...a little HIGH DRAMA! :)

HORROR: In keeping with the theme of Oscar night ;), it is truly an honor for me to announce the new website and cast and crew of KRAMPUS. I must express my gratitude to Parrish Randall, Andrew Rose and Amanda Carver for casting me in the role of RENATA MITEN and allowing me to work with the super horror talents of Raine Brown (BRAINCELL) and Marv Blauvelt (SCULPTURE). As Renata, I get to play like a "scream queen" should! :) Amanda has written a smart horror/creature/myth script that far surpasses any "gorefest". And, the best part is that Parrish Randall is directing and Andrew Rose is producing...I am proud of my guys! Check out a little taste of KRAMPUS below and go to the awesome website:
"From the time we are born we are watched. Our actions are weighed and used against us. The wrong will be punished. The right set free. Your nightmares were a warning. Scared? You should be... A devil born of Austrian legend, the KRAMPUS, has watched you...he knows... and he is coming."
www.krampusthemovie.com

HOLLYWOOD: A while back I met a brilliant young filmmaker named Marc Clebanoff, who I’ve had the joy of working with as an actress several times now. Marc’s work ranges across all genres but his new DVD is definitely sexy enough to check out. This very dark comedy, THE PINK CONSPIRACY is truly original and brilliant, and boasts a cast that includes BUFFY, ANGEL & HATCHET star Mercedes McNab, ANGEL co-star Sarah Thompson, Mackenzie Firgens (THE HAMILTONS), as well as a slew of other notorious actors like James Russo (DONNIE BRASCO;THE NINTH GATE), Tommy ‘Tiny’ Lister (FRIDAY; THE FIFTH ELEMENT), Chad Everett (MULHOLLAND DRIVE) & Dayton Callie (DEADWOOD;SONS OF ANARCHY). THE PINK CONSPIRACY even features one of the most disturbing yet memorable cameos from NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET DREAM CHILD Whit Hertford!
The plot of THE PINK CONSPIRACY revolves around a guy named Dave who discovers that all the women in his life are involved in a plot to destroy him. The movie doesn’t take itself seriously but definitely has some insight into the male versus female perspectives, making it something that both guys and girls will dig.
THE PINK CONSPIRACY was shot in high definition and was co-written and co-directed by Brian Scott Miller and Marc Clebanoff. I recently worked with Clebanoff on his award winning action/drama BREAK (which also stars Michael Madsen, David Carradine & Charles Durning) as well as a great dark comedy GERALD (starring Louis Mandylor & Mickey Rooney). Keep an eye out for both of those so you can catch scandalous glimpses of your favorite Babbling Blogger…
In the meantime, next time you take a comedy break, definitely make THE PINK CONSPIRACY a priority. It’s currently available worldwide on DVD (and includes some killer Special Features) and is easy to find by visiting:
www.ThePinkConspiracy.com.

HIGH DRAMA: After working opposite one another on several readings for a film over the years, this talented lady and I have had many laughs together...Kirstin Pierce (STUDIO 60 ON THE SUNSET STRIP). I want to support her newest venture, so please check out the release on her snazzy new company: MAVEN STUDIO HANDBAGS
"So, the short of it is... I got a sewing machine for my birthday last year because I wanted to make stuff. I didn't know exactly what I wanted to make, but I wanted to make... well... stuff. I started with curtains (easy enough), moved on to baby blankets and burpies, then... wait for it... HANDBAGS! That's when the addiction started... The holidays were approaching and I decided to make handbags for all of my female family members. The bags were a hit and my family suggested that I sell them. Voila! Maven Studio Handbags was born!
I'm starting small to see if it all works out, but I've created a Blog so you can check out all the current creations and news. I do custom work as well and there are photos of those on the Blog. They make great gifts because, as we all know, women can NEVER have too many handbags. Plus, if you know anyone who is getting married, the smaller bags make great Bridal party gifts!
Also, if you are in the area, I'll be vending at a street fair in Silverlake March 1st and 8th. Stop by and say hi if you're around. Details will soon be posted on my blog.
I will add that all handbags are made in a clean/smoke-free environment, are all handcrafted by me and are made with pride in the USA!
www.mavenstudio.com
Cheers!
Kirstin"
PARANOIAFEST: Just got off the phone with Shane & Jimmy and things are gettin' scary!!! :) Word has it that the PARANOIA FILM FESTIVAL OFFICIAL SELECTIONS will be posted this week!!!
www.paranoiafest.com

Okay, off to go babble at an Oscar bash!!! :)

Love & Horror,
XO Brooke Lewis

No comments: